Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of school

Yeah it's the first day of school! How exciting! This is our second year of Homeschooling, and I still love it (so glad that I made the switch). This year I have a 4th grader, 2nd grader, and a kindergardener... oh and a 18 mos. old little girl who loves to interrupt school time (you know what I'm talking about). This is also our second year using the Abeka curriculum. So yes last year was a good year, and I found the Abeka books great (kid wise) and easy to use (teacher wise). I would have to say that the best thing about them is, you don't have to make up your own test (yes I'm sure there are others as easy as abeka, but I really don't feel the need to look). Ask any HS mom, and she will tell you that her curriculum is best. I say research, and then pick the one you like :)...

Our first day was great (yes we are finished already). Things went pretty smoothly, and I was able to juggle the 3 boys pretty well. The one thing that gave me some problems was, that lovely pretty little person who lives in our house, and has curly hair. Do you know who I'm talking about? That's right, the one and only Olivia.

We started at 8am, and normally Olivia takes a nap at around 9:30 or 10am, so I knew I had to juggle her, until then. I decided to put her in the kitchen with us, and gate her off from the rest of the house, and that was fine for the first 10 mins. You know how babies are, they always wanting to go where they can't, so it made her mad that she couldn't get into the living room. She didn't want to play with anything. All she wanted to do was climb, and that meant the table. Yes nothing is better (when your trying to do school), then having a baby crawl across the table. I'm not joking, she was crawling on the table. She also enjoyed getting in the rocking chair, and standing in it (no that didn't scare me at all)... ;)... Once nap time came around, I was able to focus more, and it was easier (yay, I love nap time). Everyone got their work done, and we had jello for snack.

Okay I know this is a short one, but that's it. I really just wanted to let everyone know that our school year has begun. Thanks for reading :), and may God bless everyones school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment