Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our move to Washington

Wow! So, where do I start? It has been a crazy week. We had the greatest packers we've ever had, in any of our moves. I was surprised when they only sent me 2 people to pack up my whole house. I was also equally surprised at how fast those 2 people were at packing. They arrived at 8:30am and were done everything by 2pm. Yes wow. To go with the great packers we also had great loaders, who were done by 1pm. The moving company was United, just in case anyone wants to know. Our driver was a female (first time that has ever happened), and she traveled with her little puddle named Ginger (very cute).

Not everything went smoothly... Our plans to ship Jeremy's car didn't happen, when the auto shipping place couldn't get us a driver (even with a months notice, and we didn't find this out until the day we were leaving). So it seemed we were off to a bad start. I just needed to remind myself, that God has watched over us this far, He's not going to stop now, and I need to trust Him. We ended up both driving, and instead of this being a fun site seeing trip, with fun stops, it turned into, a hurry up and get this over with kind of trip. I can look back and say "Oh well," now that's it's over with, we are here safely, and the driving really wasn't that bad. I must say that I feel very blessed, and thankful that we are all here safe and sound. All of that with very few bumps along the way (I can deal with bumps). Now that it's all said and done, I'm glad I drove, it was fun (kind of). I'm glad I got to see all of the beautiful things along the way and think "My God made all of this, WOW!" This drive had the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

Our stops were... Lisbin, OH,   South Bend, IN,   Alexandra, MN,   Billings, MT,   Spokane, WA,   and now we are home in Kitsap county Washington. We traveled through Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, and finally Washington. So if you were on the road in one of those states and you saw a white mini van following a blue mustang, that was us.

So now that I have done "The drive across country" I do have some advice to give to anyone who is about to do a long drive. Pack plenty of snacks and chewing gum, they come in handy when you are sleepy and if you feel like you are zoning out. Do not drink a lot of tea or coffee (I'm sure you know why). If traveling with a cat (or any fuzzy animal), make sure your cat carrier doesn't have a hole in it (one that can be picked at and made bigger, so he can escape... Yes this did happen). Bring great music. Most importantly, pray before you go, and thank God every step of the way.

Now all I have left to do is wait for all of my stuff to get here (which should happen tomorrow). I really like our new house, and I look forward to all of the happy memories here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment