For all of you homeschooling moms out there (like me), who sometimes on some days think "Why am I doing this again?"
Here are some Homeschool facts and Statistics
- 95% of home schoolers have an adequate comprehension of politics and government, compared to 65% of U.S. adults.
- 71% of homeschool graduates participate in ongoing community service activities, compared to 37% of adults in similar ages.
- 88% of homeschool graduates are member of organizations (community groups, churches, or professional organizations) compared to 50% of U.S. adults.
- In most cases, children who are home schooled are more socially mature and have better leadership skills than other children their age.
- 98% of home schooled children are involved in two or more social/community activities each week (4-H, Bible Clubs, Scouts, Ballet Classes, Music Lessons, Sports).
- In most cases home schooled children excel above other students academically, cognitively, and spiritually.
- In 2002 homeschool SAT average was 1092, and the national average was 1020.
- On average, homeschool students in grades 1-4 perform one grade level above their public and private school counterparts. The achievement gap grows in grade 5. By grade 8 the average homeschool student performs four grades higher than the national average.
- 74% of home schooled adults (ages 18-24) have taken college classes as opposed to 46% of the general population.
So just keep doing what you're doing :)