Monday, May 24, 2010

Finally finished The Hobbit















Okay yes, so we are finally finished. We actually finished about 2 weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to posting about it because Jeremy was on leave, and I was spending time with him.

I loved the book! It was a great story, and I would totally read it again.

Okay I'm about to write and over view of the book, so if you want to read it for yourself without knowing anymore about it, please do not read.

It starts out with Bilbo meeting Gandalf, and after their meeting a whole bunch of Dwarfs show up to Bilbo's house, 13 Dwarf to be exact. The Dwarfs' names where Thorin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, Balin, Kili, and Fili. It was funny listening to Jeremy read off the names. The Dwarfs needed a burglar to help them get their treasure back from a dragon. Gandalf thinks Bilbo is the perfect person for the job, and of course Bilbo thinks otherwise. He ends up going, and is promised 1/14th of the treasure. One of the first things that happens, is they run into some trolls who nearly end up cooking them. They visit Rivendell along the way. They get chased by Goblins in the Misty Mountains and that leads to Bilbo finding the ring. Then they pay a visit Beorn, who is one of Gandalf's friends, and at the edge of Mirkwook, Gandalf leaves them to finish the journey without him. They end up getting very lost in Mirkwood, and getting captured by Elves (all but Bilbo). Bilbo helps all of the Dwarfs to escape by hiding in wine barrels and riding in them down the river, and they finally make it to the Lonely Mountain. Of course there is more, but I think I have told enough, but I will say that he does make it back home in one piece only to find his relatives selling all of his things. Gotta love family! He was gone for a year, so his family thought he was never coming back. Poor Bilbo! Anyways It's a great book, and I think next I'll read it to my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment