Thursday, January 7, 2010

New blog name!

Hey everyone, as you can see I changed the name of my blog. I have been wanting to do this for some time, but couldn't think of anything. Then I remembered how a few months back, (not to long after the move) I kept thinking to myself... "This must have been how Bilbo Baggins (from Lord of the Rings) felt after traveling for all of that time, and then moving back again to The Shire." At the begining of Fellowship of the Ring, he is trying to finish his book, There and Back Again (yes that is where I got it from). Poor Bilbo, I know how he feels. As much as you love your family and love being close to them, it's kinda nice being far away from them too. Not to mention all of the great things you get to see and do, just by leaving and moving to a new place.

The weather!

Okay so my biggest problem lately has been the weather (not really a surprise). It all started about 2 weeks ago, when we got 2 feet of snow (yes it really was 2 feet). I really don't mind snow, it's fine as long as it's just a few inches. That gives you enough to play in and look at, and you can still get out of your drive way if you need to. 2 feet on the other hand is just wrong. We couldn't get out of the drive way for days, and I was about to go crazy. I made a comment on facebook about not being happy about all of this snow, and I was told by my sister, that San Diego had ruined me. Really?? I still think 2 feet is too much for anywhere. Not only that, but we didn't have a snow shovel, so I thought I would walk to the exchange and get one. We live on Fort Meade, and just down the street from the Commissary and the Exchange. The roads were somewhat plowed so I thought "how hard could it be?" Well it wasn't that easy, but I got there, and then this crazy Asian chick got the last shovel, and I was right behind her. So yeah no shovel. Not only that, but my neighbor, who was out of town and came back to all of this snow, after she noticed that our parking lot was full of snow, she decides to park right behind me (so I can't get out, even if I did have a shovel and could dig my car out). Yeah! Lets park behind the pregnant lady, because she won't need to get out anytime soon. Blah!

This week has been really cold, and windy. I have been wanting to go for a walk to get some exercise, but the wind has been a killer. I use to walk everyday back in San Diego, I would walk the boys to school, and it was a half mile each way. True I could still walk the boys to school now, but the school is right across the street (don't get me wrong it's great), but thats not much of a walk, and the boys are big enough to walk themselves now, and they enjoy doing so. Also I really hate getting into a cold car. I have always hated that, and now I have to do it. Yup it's so much fun moving back to your old stomping ground. I know that soon I will get use to it again, but until then I'm going to vent about it. Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment