Thursday, December 4, 2014

Small update on our house, but no still no news on where we may be moving.

Hey everyone!

I want to first start off by thanking everyone for their prayers. Life has been a little crazy, but our ability to keep calm and keep the stress level down has truly been the work of God's hand.

Our house went up on the market on the 14th of November, and after only 6 days we had an offer in on it. That was great news and a big sigh of relief. It has been mostly smooth sailing since, but we have hit a small wrinkle with the fire place and some repairs needed for that. I ask now that you pray that the repairs will be affordable and done quickly. That has been the main source of stress these past few days.

We still have no news from the Navy as to if they are going to assign Jeremy a new rate, or discharge him. I must say that waiting for that news alone has been really hard for us. He really can't start applying for jobs unless he has a discharge date. I'm still really hopping that the news will come this week, even though this week is almost over.

I do have some good news though. Our house (as long as everything goes well), will be closing on the 31st of this month. I guess that may seem like bad news since we don't know where we are going yet, but I applied for military housing in the area just yesterday, and they have already reserved a house for us. Yes very good news, so if the Navy continues to take it's sweet little time, at least we will have a place to live. Our plan is to get a storage unit and put a lot of our stuff in it, and only move the bear necessities when we move into military housing, because we will most likely be moving again within the next few months. Eeeekkkkk!

Yes like I said, it's a bit stressful, and I feel like it's also the wrong season for it. I haven't thought of Christmas as much as I usually do this time of year, because my mind is elsewhere. Thank goodness I have already bought presents.

I really wish I could tell you guys more, but there is nothing else. I can't thank you enough for your prayers, and I ask that they continue, because it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment