Monday, November 14, 2011

My Shoe Challenge

Yes this post is about shoes :)

It has been a long time since I've worn heels for more than just a few minutes at a time, and the challenge I have made for myself is to change that. "Why?" You may ask...

I have a banquet coming up next week (for Jeremy's work), and most of the time when it comes to these things I just try to get by with a ballet flat (note that I don't get to go to these types of things often).

I am a big fan of the ballet flat (I have 8 pairs of them, in a 16 pair wardrobe, so 50% is ballet flats)...

There just really cute and really easy...

:)

I'm a Mom and I always have things to carry, so wearing flats just make it easier.

But I'm also 5' 2", and I could use the extra inches.



So this time I wanted to get a pair of heels and wear them to the banquet, and also train my feet to wear heels more often.... so I went shoe shopping! :)

I was recycling an old dress for this event, so I wasn't going to spend money on a new one, so I got a few pairs of heels. Money wise it was a great idea.

So these are the heels for the banquet, and wow I am so not use to wearing things like these. I tried to wear them all saturday, and I tripped a lot. :)

But aren't they super cute?

My dress is white with brown flowers (I'll have to post a picture later) and it's tea length. I am going to wear it with brown tights, and these shoes...

I know banquets are more, no tights, big ball gowns, and strappy heels, but that's just not me :)

Big ball gowns make me look like I was swallowed by a dress (I'm just short). It's cold, so to me tights are a must, and no way am I wearing strappy heels if I can't even walk in regular ones.



So now that we are talking about shoes, want to see my whole shoe wardrobe?....



BING :)


See most of them are flat.










As far as heels go I only have these 3 pairs (2 of which I just bought this saturday)


I do have this pair of kitten heels, but I don't think that really counts


So my challenge for me, is to wear heels more, and to get use to them by next week. :) Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment