Monday, January 3, 2011

Oh Holiday

So how did my holidays go? Well they were great! Do you want to hear all about it? Of course you do (well maybe). So it all started with Christmas eve. That was at my parents' house. They had a small dinner and it was tons of fun. Olivia was a little crazy though. Most of the time, when we go to family gatherings I spend half of the time holding her, and the other half is divided between the high chair and others holding her. Not this time however, she was not to keen on letting others hold her, and she wanted to eat off of my plate and not her own. That's how things go sometimes (as I type this with only one hand free). We got home at 8pm and sent the kids to bed. This year we told our children the truth about Santa. I didn't want to lie to my kids anymore, and I didn't want Christmas to be about Santa. Christmas is about Christ's birth, and it is God who has blessed us with the ability to give, so to Him be the glory. So there was not "Hey kids hurry up and get to bed so Santa can come." It was more like "Time for bed boys, in the morning we will have a wonderful day celebrating."

So Christmas day came, and it was wonderful, because we were together and we didn't have to go anywhere. We have a family rule, that on Christmas day we stay home (no matter what), and spend all our time with each other. This gives the kids plenty of time to unwrap and enjoy their gifts, it also gives us plenty of time to celebrate the day, and the greatest gift of all. So what did I get the kids? Well I did mention earlier (in another post), that we were combining the boys gifts, to encourage them to share everything that was given, so the ones listed for the boys were for all of them.

Boys...
Lego Harry Potter, hagrid's hut
Lego Harry Potter, quidditch match
Lego Duplo Cars, flo's cafe
PokePark Wii
Pirate hunt Wii
Epic Mickey
Monopoly Junior
Jumbo Checkers Rug
Battleship (the board game)
Connect Four
Clue Jr
Air hogs Helicopter (times 3)
Hotwheels 4 lane raceway

For the baby, we got her some busy balls, blocks, and this singing camera (fun right?). It was a wonderful day. Not to mention that Olivia took her first steps on that day. Oh wait I did just mention it didn't I. Yes I will never forget this Christmas. We had the boys open everything one at a time, and had them take turns. Nathaniel was kissing the box when he saw the Lego Cars set.

Okay so after all of that, it was time to clean. Jeremy's family was coming over on Thursday (the 30th), and one cousin (+ wife), was spending the night Wednesday, and this place looked a mess. You see I'm not much of a house keeper. Sure I try, and I can keep it looking okay, but when Jeremy has time off, I tend to skip corners more than usual, and all of those skipped corners were starting to take over the whole house. So I needed to clean, and I did. I got this place looking wonderful, and I am sad to report that now I have to clean it again, and I'll probably start right after this post is finished.

So late Wednesday night Rachel and Matt came (yay!). Two very fun people. They got here around 11pm, and Rachel and I stayed up till 1:30am. The boys however stayed up all night. I'm glad they had fun though. In the morning Jeremy's parents, and his Aunt and Uncle came over. That was wonderful! Jeremy's parents brought the boys gifts, and they loved them. I also had a great time talking with his Aunt. I have known her for a long time, I knew her long before I met Jeremy. She was the Liberian at my elementary school. Around noon is when everyone else started to come. Jeremy's friend Ryan, Cousin Chris, and Brittany (who is now Chris' fiance)(it happened on New years, very exciting). We played Mario Kart and Mario Bros Wii. That was so much fun. Mario Bros wii despite being a 4 player co game, is more like an every man for himself game, and needless to say I was ROTFLOL (rolling on the floor laughing out loud). They stayed until 9:30pm, and I was sad to see it end, but ready for bed.


Saturday I went shopping with my two good friends Dawn and Becky. I took Olivia with me and Jeremy and the boys stayed home (making it a true girls day)(I loved it). I drove up to Newark, DE to Dawn's house and we went to the Christiana Mall. I got a pretty skirt and some makeup. We ate pizza hut (we shared two personal pan pizzas and a drink) for lunch. For dinner we got Boston Market (yummy), and ate that at Dawn's house. On the way home Jeremy wanted me to pick up donuts (no over indulging this holiday season), and that was not fun. This was due to the miss marked exit signs. I took an exit that had a Dunkin donuts sign on it, and after driving 3 miles and not finding anything, I have to turn around. No worry I finally found one, but it was off of another exit. Yeah it was a little adventure, in the dark and it was also raining. All for donuts my friend.

Last holiday event was at Jeremy's Aunt Mary's house. That was also fun, and most of the family was there. The kids had a chance to play with some of their cousins, and Olivia once again wanted nothing on her plate of food. I guess things just taste better off of my plate. Well I seem to think so, so why not her.

Well now that all of the holiday fun is over (sad), I need to take down my Christmas tree, and like I said before I need to clean my house. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment