Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Keeping up with life

Hello... Sorry about the little break from blogging. Life has been a little busy, and I wanted to tell you all about it, but I just didn't have the time.

Homeschool is back up and running. I loved the break, but I am also glad that things are back to normal around here. Nothing like the sound of pencils writing in the morning. The boys are all doing great with their work, even Nathaniel (sometimes he likes to complain about school work). They all have been happy to do their work, and happy to help out and participate in family activities. We have been having a lot of fun lately, hind n seek every night, puzzles, board games, and movie nights. Our little life is very fulfilling!

I took the Christmas things down about 2 weeks ago (sad). Well not all of it though... teehee... I'm still holding on to Christmas by two strings of garland. They are still on the railing of our front steps. The truth is I keep forgetting about them. I walk up to the house and think to myself, "Oh hey I need to take those down", then I walk inside and forget all about them (silly me).

Oh and football season is officially over in the Legates' house (sad). We are Raven's fans, and now that they are out of the playoffs I don't think I'll be watching anymore this season. I'm not much of a sports watcher, but I do like to watch football under the right circumstances. It's not always something I can get into (it's not like Star Trek). So I guess I'm not really upset about the whole thing. I just think football fans sometimes take it to far, because I have seen many of arguments on facebook over teams (how silly)(and get a life). I have also seen some really stupid bumper stickers, like the one I saw a few weeks ago... "If you ain't a Steelers fan you ain't poop" (but it didn't say poop)(I'm sure you can imagine what it really said). Now at first this really made me mad, not because I dislike Steelers fans (and I do, or the part of them that is a fan)(sorry guys), but because I really don't appreciate curse words (you don't look tough or cool using them, you just look stupid, learn some vocabulary okay?). But after a closer look at the bumper sticker it made me laugh, because it is basically saying "If I'm not a Steelers fan, (and I'm not) then I'm not poop." That's great I didn't want to be poop. Yeah so if you have a bumper sticker like that, then it just makes you look stupid, so do us all a favor and scrape it off.

So last week on Friday was the two year anniversary of my blog. I meant to post on the day and have planed to, but when the day came around I just forgot. Yeah it happens. This time two years ago... My husband was on his second deployment and about half way through it. We lived in beautiful  San Diego. My friend Jess and her 3 lovely girls were staying with me, and our friendship was growing (I miss you). I didn't have a daughter, but planed on trying for one once Jeremy got home (and we did, and she is wonderful). I was preparing myself for our second cross country move, and dreading missing my favorite city. So yeah a lot has changed since then, and there is still more to come. I look forward to it.

My little girl is about to turn ONE! Yeah wow, I can't believe it. She is now walking all of the time, and I have also switched her over to cuppies. Wow she is so big. Didn't I just have her? Didn't we just get home from the hospital? Isn't she just a tiny little thing? No not really...

Oh and one more thing. I have made the switch to cloth diapers. They came in the mail just a few days ago (I got them from here). So in about a week or two I'll update on all of that. So far it's not to bad. I got them on Saturday, and put them on her after her first nap (I was excited to try them out)... 20 mins later her daddy sits down to play with her and... "Honey your daughter smells stinky"... great. So I take her upstairs to the changing table, Jeremy follows saying "I wanna see this"... I change her, and hand her back to daddy, then I need to raise the poop off of the diaper... Yeah Jeremy stayed to watch that too. It wasn't to bad, not considering that making the switch to cloth diapers saves us about $50 a month. Yeah! So I will keep it up.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment