Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The cross roads

Okay so for those of you who don't already know... We are, soon going to have to move again. We don't know where, but that's really not the point of this post. The point is that for the first time, I'm actually kind of sad about the move. Why, you ask? Because I really like (well love) San Diego, and it wasn't like that all of the other times I had to move.

When I moved from Greensboro, MD to Charleston, SC I was excited. I was ready to be out on my own, just Jeremy, Darien, and Me (or so I thought). Charleston was great and beautiful, but I just missed my family way to much. I learned a lot during my time there, but I just felt so lonely. When it came time to move from Charleston, SC to Norfolk, VA, I was also excited I would only be 4 hours away from my family. They were just up the cost, and I was able to visit them a lot. But after living in Norfolk for a while, I started to hate it. It was dirty, and there were to many tunnels. When they said Virginia was for lovers, they lied. So yeah once again when it came time to move to San Diego, CA I was so ready to get out of there.

So San Diego, wow what can I say. It's beautiful here, and the weather is always perfect (always), and that means I can wear whatever I want any time of the year (yeah I'm a girl so I look at things that way). I think the big thing is I've realized that I'll never have a chance to call Greensboro my home again, so I let that thought go, and when I did that, I was living here at the time, so now I feel like this is my home. Yeah it's crazy.

When we first left home, almost 6 years ago, I remember Jeremy telling me that, "things will never be the same", he was talking about home, and how we may never get to live there again. That living away will change us to much, and we won't belong there anymore. I believe him now. It's so sad to say it, but when I go home (to MD), It's not the same. It's a lot like that Switchfoot song "This is Home". There is a line in the first verse it says "I believe you now, I've come to far, no I can't go back, back to how it was." Yeah, story of my life.

Okay now to the reason we have to move. There are no open spots for shore duty here for Jeremy's job in the Navy. Yes we could stay, but Jeremy would have to extend his time on the boat, and that would be like it is now, with him gone a lot. Submarines are gone a lot. We have lived in San Diego for 21 months, and Jeremy hasn't been here for 10 of those months. His time gone has been off and on, but yes all together it's 10 months. So yes if I could get my husband on shore duty, then he wouldn't have to leave me.

Yes so this is the big thing on the mind lately. I'm excited to start the next chapter in my life, but I know I'm going to miss San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment