Saturday, August 22, 2015

Crafty Classroom and Currently Sewing

I wanted to share my latest projects to all of you crafty moms out there. They're not perfect but I like them a lot, and don't consider them a waste of my time. The first and the second I made for our homeschool classroom. The idea for the first one was from a picture a friend of mine posted on Facebook.


My friend Melanie posted the one on the right, and I loved it. The thought that is was awesome, and I just had to make my own. What I like most about it is, that it reminds the kids (and well anyone), that you can be whatever you put your mind to, and that possibilities are endless.

This was my second project. I thought of the idea a few weeks ago, but didn't have anything big enough to paint it on (or so I thought). I was going to go to the craft store and get a canvas, until a brilliant idea popped into my head. As you guys know we just moved, and thanks to that we have a lot of boxes just sitting around. So I found a nice sized box and cut it apart. All of us are Dr Who fans, and I like having a reminder of why reading is so awesome. This project was just a late night with a bunch of paint and Relient K playing in the background. IT WAS AWESOME!!

So onto sewing?
 My daughter had grown out of her Minnie mouse dress, or what we called her Minnie mouse dress, and her Tinkerbell dress had been reduced to rugs (which is really no surprise since it was a cheap costume). I was having a hard time finding replacements for the two, because of how cheaply made costumes are these days, so I just made her two dresses. I got the material and the pattern (they are made from the same pattern) from Joanns. I LOVE FABRIC STORS :) They were very easy and she loves them, so that's whats important. I figure if we do get to go back to Disney World (we are hoping for a trip next year) that these would be great for that, and will actually last until then, and way beyond. This was my first time following a store bought pattern, and it was very easy to follow, and the instructions were thorough.

I think they look good, and as long as people don't get to close, they won't notice all of the mistakes ;)





Thanks for reading my post. I hope this inspires all of you crafty moms, to get out there and make something beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment