Thursday, August 20, 2015

It's School Time Again... What??

Hey everyone! I know its been a while.

Summer vacation is over... Can you believe it? And so is our first week of school (well almost). It's going well for the most part. I was joking on the phone with my best friend last week about how the first week of school you have all of these ambitions and you're doing everything thing right, and grading papers right away. You are starting every day with a smile on your face and a peppy attitude, then by week two reality has set in, and you grade your papers at the end of the week, and your attitude is more like "oh just get your work done and stop complaining!"  Yeah, it makes me laugh just thinking about it.

I also feel that the kids' ambitions about the new school year are pretty similar. They seem enthusiastic about studying and learning. They are confident that they can turn all of their work in on time, and without a hitch. We all know that doesn't last either. I guess the moral of all of this is, no we are not perfect. What a relief right?

So yes the first week of school. Well I must say that teaching Olivia was a bit easier than I thought it would be. She gave me a much harder time during summer vacation. I guess it helps having her brothers in the room and learning as well. Zachary and Nathaniel are still struggling to get their work done on time on our math and language days, but as of right now it isn't as bad as last year. Darien is still getting done early, even though I gave him a lot more work this year. Yes some things never change. The good news is they did study this week. They put time into their work, and I feel like they are doing well. I feel like I have finally instilled in them the importance of learning and I'm proud of them, no matter how crazy they make me. Do you get like that too? You know the whole "why don't you remember this?" or "Why can't you read this word?" or "What do you mean you don't know what an antonym is?" This is when the hulk inside of me comes out, and all of my kids start to tip-toe around and whisper to each other "she's the mom hulk right now, you may want to leave her alone."

I'm sure all of us moms homeschooling or not, are very crucial of our children, and when they don't know or remember something it's like a failure for us more then them, and it's hard. So all of you moms out there make sure you pat yourself on the back this week, and take deep breaths. You're doing the best you can, and it's going to be alright.








P.s. since the first week of school is almost over, we now have one game review up on our game review blog and will have more in a few days if you would like to check them out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment