Monday, August 6, 2012

One more year older... another year of marriage... Trip to Forks WA... and house cleaning help :)

Okay... yeah... so... long title, sorry about that. I've been super busy lately, and haven't had time to do an individual post for each thing. This will have to do, but I'll brake it up, to make things easier.


Birthday
As of July the 27th, I am 28 years old... Yeah wow. Well I find it a little hard to believe, but I guess it's okay. My birthday was kind of a bummer though. I had to clean, and it was a very noisy day in the Legates house hold. Jeremy also got home late that day, and I didn't get much time with him. Okay I know, I sound like I'm whining, and I don't want to sound like that, and I'm sure you don't want to hear it, so I'll stop. :)

Anniversary



This Friday (the 3rd), was Jeremy's and mine 10 year anniversary. I can't believe it! 10 awesome years! Guess what we did that day... ... ... We got the car fixed. Ha ha right? Well it had been acting funny, and it was the only day we had time. That's life right? You got to do what you got to do, and sometimes on days you don't want to do them. The car is fixed and we are both happy, so I don't think it was that bad. We ended up just celebrating over the weekend, and that was great.

10 years is an awesome milestone. I've enjoyed being married to Jeremy, and he's great. I'm so thankful to be blessed with an awesome husband and an awesome family :)

My Little Brother Got Married



A day after our 10 anniversary, my little brother Wesley got married! The only bad thing was, I couldn't be there    :(. I did get to see pictures, and a video, so that's better than nothing. I'm so happy for them, and excited for them. I met Jessica (his new wife), about a year ago (on fathers day), and she's so nice and sweet, and I think they make a great couple. We became good friends (Jess and I), back in February, and she is so much fun. We skype all of the time, and I always look forward to it.

Trip to Forks, WA
Alright all of you Twilight fans are you curious about the town of Forks? We took a trip there Saturday. It was an adventure trip, our destination was Forks, but if we saw anything cool along the way, we would stop.

Okay yes I like twilight, but not as much as I use to, and I think I know why. After reading the books (if you read them back to back to back to back), you kinda fall in-love with that whole Bella and Edward idea. In your head it's like "Oh Bella, Edward would do anything for you, and you for him, that's so sweet, what a perfect couple. Wow" *sigh* Then reality hits you, and you wake up any realize, the whole thing just seems fake. The first time I watched twilight I was like "WOW I love this movie!" now I watch it and I'm like "What in the world... what is up with this dialogue? Who would say that? What was I thinking?" It's true, that movie gets worse every time you watch it.

I did like the books, and I still watch the movies on occasion, so since we are only a 2.5hr drive away, I thought it was worth it.... .... ... All I have to say is I'm really glad we stopped at Lake Crescent and walked the Marrymere waterfall trail, because that made the whole trip worth it.






Okay Forks wasn't that bad, it did have both Bella trucks (one based after the book, and one based after the move), and they had tours of the town, and things described in the book. They had fan based shops, and great places to eat in the town. However the town looked nothing like the movie.

Cleaning day
So our house really needed a day. Just one to focus on cleaning and get the house looking great. It worked out well. I made a list of all of the rooms in the house, on our white board. Once a room was clean, than we could put a check by it. If all of the rooms were checked off, then we would get ice cream. It was very motivating, and we had it done in no time, and it looked great. The boys are great helpers :) (makes me a proud momma).


Well that's all for now, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment