Friday, August 24, 2012

Going Bananas!

Have you ever had a lot of work to do, and in so many different areas, and while your trying to do the work, things just aren't working out for you?

My youngest son Nathaniel has ADD, and I've been trying to work with him to the best of my abilities, but it's still hard and frustrating. Getting him to learn anything takes so much longer, and I know it's not his fault and he tries. It just really hard for me, and I'm always worried that my best won't be good enough for him (if that makes any sense). I know God wants me to continue to homeschool him, so I just have to keep trying. Along with that, I've been having to jump through hoops just to homeschool my kids in this state. It feels like the world is trying to work against me. I just have to remind myself that God is on my side, and He loves me, and knows just what I'm going through.

We are also currently buying a house. I haven't said anything yet, because I didn't want to tell anyone before it was set in stone (or mostly). The paper work has been a mess. Since Jeremy works all the time, I have to be the one to handle it, and most of the time that's no big deal, but when you have to call up all of these different companies and bug them for documents and all they want to do is talk to your husband, it can get a little frustrating. Then when they do finally agree to send it, they can't fax it or e-mail. No! They have to send it the old fashion way. Yeah even more frustrating! So it's taking such a long time, just to buy this house that we want.

My two year old, has been playing the naked game. She just likes to take her clothes off. The big problem is that she likes to do it at bed time, and at nap time. She'll take off her clothes and pee in the bed, every single nap time and bed time. I get to change the sheets, and give her a bath after all of this (every time!). Olivia is smart about it too, she'll wait until I think she has gone to bed, and she can take off any item of clothing. Zippers do not stump her and buttons and snaps are no help. I have also made no lead way in potty training her. My daughter is just to busy, she has so much she wants to do, so asking her to sit on the potty is like pulling teeth. (Are all of you Moms of toddlers laughing at me right now?)

I also have some other things going on, that are just as equally frustrating. Yes I know deep breaths.

The title (of this post) I got from Olivia's favorite tv show, The Fresh Beat Band. On some episodes they get into a situation and they feel stuck or frustrated, that's when one of them says "This stuff is making me wanna go bananas", then they do this. I wish I could just dance around and sing the bananas song, and feel so much better afterwards...  Yeah...  I just like to shut the door to my room and cry it out, but you know as long as it works then that's okay.

Okay so yes once again I'm not trying to get sympathy, I'm just really speaking to anyone going through a tough time, and showing them that we all go through it, and you are not alone, and God sees you and knows what your going through. :) And it really helps to take deep breaths, and cry it out, and if that doesn't work go grab your favorite hot tea, and drink it somewhere quiet, so you can imagine yourself on a quiet beach somewhere. :)

I think I'm going to do that right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment