Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lost your faith? You need to read this!

If you haven't read the "Frustration grrrrr..." post, then you may want to read that before reading this :)

So I want to first thank any and everyone who has been praying for our housing situation. I didn't ask anyone to pray for us, but because of what happened 2 days ago, I'm convinced someone(s) has(have), so thank you so much. So what happened? Where does this all come from? Can we start at the beginning? Yes we can.

So 2 days ago (on Tuesday), I was online bored and just looking at google maps, right over Kitsap county. I was really worried about our housing situation. We had been looking into renting and possibly buying, but the things in our price range just weren't very nice or livable, or in a good neighborhood. I felt like living in Washington was going to be like what we had to go through in Virginia (I'll explain). In Virginia we rented this really old brick house that didn't seen so bad... until... the raccoon moved in, and the mice. Not to mention we were right next to the ghetto and heard a lot of gun shots, and this poor house was also on the verge on being swallowed by the vegetation (the left side of the house was covered in vines). Yeah I felt like we were about to go through all of that again.

So yeah I was really worried, and looking at google maps, and of course I was looking at the military houses. I wanted to live there, and not in crazy ghetto house. It was about at this time, that I felt like God was trying to tell me something. He reminded me that I had prayed for a military house, that way back when this all started (in October), I prayed that military housing would be able to provide us with a place, one that would fill our needs. I was very faithful with this prayer... until 3 weeks ago... then I gave up because of our number, and because of what I was told, and I started to look else where right after getting off of the phone. Loss of faith on my part, and I really shouldn't have done that. So I felt like God was telling me that I need to call them. That had me thinking... "what am I going to say? I'm number 96 (as of last week we moved up 2 spots), they can't change that just because I ask them to, their are other people that need a house too." I still felt like God was pushing me to call them. That's when I remember something... I was on the Kitsap Naval Base website the other day, and on that web site they actually tell you how long the waiting list is, and the list for the 3 bedroom was shorter. Okay now I do have something to say to her. All of the rentals and houses that were in our price range were 3 bedrooms, so why not put us on the 3 bedroom list with housing as well? There wouldn't really be a difference, well except the neighborhood would be better. So yeah lets do that.

Okay I called and it went something like this... "Hello Military housing Kitsap."  "Hi I have some questions for you if you have some time to answer them?"  "Of course, what can I do for you?"  "We are on the waiting list for a 4 bedroom, and we are number 96, and we are moving in may, and I'm just really worried. I was wondering if it's possible and if the waiting list is shorter, if we could also be put on the list for a 3 bedroom." "Yeah, of course. Let me check to see where you would be if we did that."  "Thank you." (she took my information)... "Well it's not much better, you would be number 94. Oh the bright side we do get the 3 bedroom ones back sooner, so you would move through the list faster."  "But most likely not fast enough I'm guessing?"  "Yeah I don't think so, but have you considered our housing community located off of base?"  "What, you have one of those? I didn't even know about it. Is it close to the base?"  "Yeah it's only a few miles away. They are older units, but very well kept."  "Well I'm not picky! How long is that list?"  "Give me a second and I'll check... ... ... Well it looks like we have a few 4 bedroom units available now."  "Really?"  "Now we can only hold a unit for 30 days, so call back in April and as long as we have something available then we can put your name by it and hold it for you."  "Wow thank you, you have made my day."

So I was on cloud nine after this phone call, and I had to immediately call Jeremy right after, and tell him the good news.

God is faithful even when were not. I prayed for a Military house, and He wanted to give it to me, but the second things seemed impossible I lost faith and believed we would never be able to live in one. I have some verse for you, and maybe if I had went to my Bible in my time of need, and read these verse, I wouldn't have lost faith.


Matthew 6:26
     Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly         Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Matthew 7:11
     If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him.

God is awesome, and He will provide for your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment