Monday, March 26, 2012

Almost ready...

Hey guys, so this is going to be more about the move. I know that has been pretty much all that I've been talking about lately, but there isn't much else going on. The move is so big, that if there was anything else going on, then I would be going crazy. So first the good news :) We have a place! Housing has reserved a place for us, and I feel so relieved. With that out of the way, we can worry about everything else. There is so much to do, and I just hope we get it all done in time.

I've been cleaning a lot lately (and you guys all know how much I love cleaning) :P. I had to get the house "show ready", for potential renters. The cleaning really isn't that hard, it's just we have to keep it clean, and that isn't always easy, because of the 4 wonderful kids we have. We are also going to be moving into a smaller place, so we are planning a really big yard sale. There are just some things we won't have room for anymore, so they have to go. I'm kind of glad though, de-cluttering is nice, and I like the thought of getting rid of things we don't need. I also think that since our new place is smaller, it will discourage us from buying anything we don't need (I'm really just trying to look on the bright side of things, so don't rain on my parade).

So here we go again planning a cross country move (our 3rd). Three years ago (almost exactly), we were doing the same thing (from CA to MD), and just two years before that (almost exactly) the same thing (from VA to CA). You think I'd be a pro at this by now. I'm just trying to take it one step at a time, and trying to look at the bright side, and take deep breaths. Needless to say, I'll be feeling so much better once we get there, and it's all over. Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever say to yourself "I'll be so happy when this is all over with." I'm sure you do, so I'm sure you can understand, and I am so there with you.

So I haven't really shared much of this yet, but I'm a little disappointed that we aren't going back to San Diego. I know I haven't really said anything yet, but it's true. I still have friends there (and a best friend there), and you really can't beat the weather, but it just didn't happen that way. Washington was the only thing available. That tells me, that God wants us to go there. He sometimes does things like this to me, because given my own choice, I most likely wouldn't ask Him what I should do, I would just pick, and only pick what I wanted. So since this was the only choice I feel like God was saying "You need to go here this time, not back to San Diego." So maybe God has something to teach me in Washington, or maybe He has some people He really wants me to meet, or something wonderful He really wants me to see, but since it is His choice I'm sure He has something wonderful planned. Maybe someday He'll let us go back to San Diego. I have to trust Him on this though, because given the choice I wouldn't have moved to San Diego in the first place (it was just to far away from home), but see that's just one of the ways God has changed me, and He could do it all over again if He wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment