Friday, October 18, 2013

Do you Minecraft?

First I want to start off and saying that I'm sorry for the gap in post. I things are really ordinary around here, and I haven't had mush to write about (I think I almost always use that excuse about a gap in post) (well sorry about that too).

We have a new favorite thing around here in the Legates house, and it's Minecraft. We started playing a few weeks ago (all of us really), and we love it, and wonder how we have ever lived without it before. Minecraft in a big building sandbox kind of game. You can chose to play survival mode, where you need to acquire all of your resources to build, eat, and survive (there are monsters that try to kill you), and there is create mode where you are given unlimited resources to build and create whatever you what. If you are going to give survival mode a try, I recommend watching these videos. Jeremy and I have teamed up on survival mode, and it's been having so much fun. He would mine, while I added on to our house, and feed the animals. I also love create mode! Being able to create anything you can thing of is very rewarding.

I've known about minecraft for sometime, well I knew that it existed, but I didn't know what it was about. The boys' friends at co-op just kept talking about it, and that's what made us curious. The game can be downloaded on to almost any computer (no mater how old), and they have a version for the xbox. Jeremy and I play on the computer, and the boys play on the xbox, and yes both allow for multipliers, so yes basically we can all play at the same time (and we totally have). Also for all of you frugal people, the game is only $20, no matter what version you get.

I just had to share, because it really is an awesome game, and it's one that makes you think, and lets you be creative.





Oh and I've been taking a picture each time I change our classroom board. This year my goal is to make the board fun and interactive, so here's what I've come up with so far this school year. Tell me what you think. :) (click on the pictures to make them bigger)










No comments:

Post a Comment