Thursday, September 26, 2013

Co-op has started again!

I write this post with excitement, because I am very happy that co-op has started again. Last Saturday morning I found Nathaniel setting on our red chair, bouncing up and down. When I asked him why he was so excited, he answered and said "because co-op starts today." That of course made me sad, because I had to tell him that he had his days mixed up, and it wasn't Wednesday. "Oh then is it tomorrow?" He asked, and I had to tell him no. He started to look sad. "Then is it the day after that?" He also asked, and I have to once again tell him no. Yes he loves co-op that much, they all do (well except of the one little girl who doesn't get to go).

This year they moved it to a new location, and I was glad that I didn't drive to the old place anyways out of habit. I like the new location much better, because It's really close to the mall, and all of the other places I like to go shopping. If I have any shopping I need to do, I usually save it for Co-op day, when I only have one kid to worry about (and the boys really hate shopping).

The boys are so grown up, and I can't believe it, the two older boys didn't need any help finding their new class rooms, and to tell you the truth the youngest didn't either, but I insisted (it's all I really get to do anymore). Olivia almost sat down with Nathaniel in his class room (I'm sure his teacher would have loved having an extra student), but I made her leave with me. She was not happy about it, and reminded me that we were leaving without her brothers.

Olivia and I went thrift shopping after we dropped the boys off. I was celebrating, she was pouting, until we got to the store. Goodwill now has their Halloween decorations up, and Olivia loves Halloween decorations. My little girl loves monsters and skeletons (she calls them pirates). I'm not really sure why she loves them, but she just does (Monsters inc. is one of her favorite movies). Olivia also found a new favorite dress at Goodwill and that cheered her up quite a bit.

The boys had a ton of good things to talk about when we picked them up. One of Nathaniel's friends shared a caramel apple with him, and Darien was able to discuss Pokemon with his best friend Harrison. Zachary said he hung out with Sundari, but he wouldn't tell us anymore about that (does this mean my son is starting to like girls, and already has one that he likes?).

The weather has gotten colder here all of the sudden. I had to break down today and finally turn on the heat, because I really couldn't take the cold (yes I'm still a San Diegan at heart). We've been wearing jackets and long sleeves for a week now, so yes summer is definitely over for us.

I've started a few new crochet projects. My kids have asked for blankets as part of their Christmas present, and I let them pick out the colors. This is what I have done so far...




I usually pick a different one to do every day, and just try to get as far as possible in what little free time I have (can you tell who's blanket is who's?). Jeremy has also asked for one, and I have started his, but his is on the back burner right now. I'll post pictures once I am finished. If anyone was wondering I used half double stitches (those are my favorites), and the yarn is Red Heart (yes because they sell it for a good price at walmart).

Well that is all for right now. I'm sorry that things have slowed down, but that's just how things are this time of year. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment