Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Year Resolutions, The everyday, and Leaving for Disney soon



Hey everyone!


New Years Resolutions

Right now I'm taking my time, to write a normal post. YAY! Okay first off, New years resolutions. I know we are already almost through this month and I'm just now talking about them. Oh well... because posting on my blog more often is not one of my resolutions :). So what are they? You ask...

Number one is, "Make an effort to find the good in every situation" This past year has been stressful and very frustrating, most of that was due to moving and buying a house, but I know in years to come I'll most likely have to go through all of that again. So for now on, I'm going to try and take a step back, see the whole situation, and not just what I'm going through right now. Romans 8:28 says "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." I feel that God has always taken really good care of us, and I know He's not going to stop now, so I just need to trust Him, and see Him in every situation.

Number two is, "To be more social" I have, not so great social skills, and my biggest problem is I'm not good at continuing the conversation. Wonderful people will come up to be, and ask me how I'm doing, and all I'll says is "fine thank you" and then I'll walk away... Not even thinking (until later) to ask them how they are doing. I think I can hear God shaking His head as I write this, because I pray for friends all of the time (I do have friends, they just live far away), and He sends people, in church mostly, (wonderful people) to go and talk to me, and I don't even notice it until later. So if you were one of those people, then I am sorry.

Number three is, "To keep things as simple as possible" Now this doesn't mean to be lazy, or to not try anymore, it just means not to complicate things. Like if you tell the kids they can watch a movie, and they pick Willy Wonka for the 3rd time this week, and I don't want to watch that again. Instead of telling them to pick something else (because if I do it's going to take them 15 mins to work it out), just let them do it, and I'll go into a different room. I'll be happy that quite time is about to start, and I'll not worry about how often they watch that silly movie. This also means that I won't worry about things that I don't have any control over.



The everyday

Things are good over here at the Legates' house. Mostly normal. I'm glad football is coming to an end, but I'm also glad about the outcome. Go figure the one year I don't follow it, and don't watch any games, is that one year that my team is in the super bowl. I grew up in Maryland, so yes I do mean the Ravens. I'm still debating if I should break this football fast, and watch the super bowl... Yeah I have no idea.

It seems I am raising another Star Trek fan. Olivia (the 2 almost 3 years old), really likes to watch it, and also will request it. I really don't know what to say about this. I love my kids, and I love how they love the same things I do. This also tells me to be cautious about what I love, and what I do around them. I think the main reason she loves Star Trek is because of the scenes with the ships flying by. She loves space ships. Her and Nathaniel love to build ships together out of legos. She also really loves super heroes, her two favorites are The Hulk, and Iron Man. There is a Hulk cartoon on netflix, and she loves it. She loves to stump around the room saying "Hulk Smash" while it's on.

I put together a new schedule for us! Yay! It use to be that the first half of the day was set in stone, because of the home schooling, and the second half was just what ever. That was fine until that boys started to play more video games, and were reading less books, so I fix it...

:)





















Leaving for Disney soon!

We only have 5 weeks left until we fly out to Orlando. I'll have to let you know how it goes. The only thing I'm really worried about is flying with Olivia. Other than that I'm really looking forward to the trip. It's been a while since we were able to take the kids on a real family vacation. We are already making list of what to pack, and making list of what to see. I'm also looking forward to warmer weather (yes please), and a chance to see the sun again (you don't get to see it in Washington often). We also made a count down chain!

 Jeremy came up with the poem on the Mickey head, and I put everything together. I got the idea from pinterest.





















Okay we'll that's all I have for now. Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment