Monday, January 23, 2012

Hi, I'm still here :)... Normal stuff, and playing Skyward Sword

Hey everyone! So yes once AGAIN, it has been some time since I've posted a normal post (a more personal one). Sorry about that, once again we have run into a busy yet boring time. Yes that does happen to even me :). So I'll catch you up... hummm... lets see. I've been cleaning and teaching (all normal). My kids took a break from school for Christmas and then another last week (I love breaks). Jeremy went to Connecticut for a week, and that was odd feeling. The last time he was gone for more then a couple of days was June of 09. I had no idea what to do with myself that week especially after the kids went to bed. I ended up watching a lot of Big Bang Theory. We also had a Property Management Company come look at our house, so we can rent it out in a few months. Can you believe we only have a few months left here? Wow kind of hits you square in the face once you realize it. "BAM" "You've got a lot of work to do!" On the bright side, We've done all we can do at this point. Now it's just a waiting game.

So guess who turns 2 next week... Did you guess Olivia? If so then you are right. I'm still in shock! Sure she's big, but my baby can't be 2 already. That can't be right :( . ... ... Well anyways I'm going to do a special post on that day, and for all of my other kids on their birthday (for this year), so make sure to come back here on Feb 1, April 13, May 21, and June 4. Oh and here's an interesting little fact, none of my kids were born the same month they were due. Darien, my first was due in June, but he was born in May. Zachary, my second was due in May, but he was born in June (Zachary was born on Darien's due date). Nathaniel, my third was also due in May, but he was born in April. Olivia was due in January, and you get the picture.

Okay so the next part of this post is a video game review, so for all of you non gamers out there who really don't want to hear, you can stop now if you want.


The review is for Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Oh my where to begin...

The graphics are pretty awesome. They take the Wii and use it to the best of it abilities (I didn't even know a Wii game could look this good). The story line is great, like most Zelda games the story is very interesting, and they did a get job with it.

As for the game play... well... The motion controls are a pain. I would say it's about half and half. Half of the time it will do what you want, and what you are trying to do, and half the time it won't. Yes in the game they have a training session were they teach you all of the moves that you can do, and that was fun and not to hard. Once that's over however and you are in front of a crazy scary boss that can only be defeated by an upwards motion swing of the sword... It's a different story. It's also frustrating to watch, when you can clearly see that they are swinging the Wii mote in the right way, and on the screen Link is doing something totally different. The dungeons and bosses in this game can be really hard, long, and challenging. The things they will ask you to do, will have you thinking... "Really, you want me to do that, like that? You've got to be kidding me."

On the bright side not only is the main story great, by the side stories are too. Not only do you get to save the princess and become a hero, you also get to help other people and see them change as well. They have great side quest in this game, so if your not quite ready to progress the story yet, you can do the side quest, and have lots of fun.

I would probably give that game a 6 out of 10, but to be honest if it wasn't for the motion controls I would give it a 9 out of 10. Sure motion can be fun, and I understand why they wanted to try it out in a Link game, I just wish there was an option to play it with just a controller if you wanted. That would honestly solve all of my in game problems.

Okay I'm all done now, thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment