Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011 / what's new

Hey everyone! Is it crazy that it's 2012 already? I think it is... Where has the time gone? How was everyones Christmas? Mine was great (thanks for asking).

On Christmas eve we went to my Parents' house for a pizza party (yum). With the date of our move getting closer and closer, family time is important. It's nice, my kids get to play with their cousins, and I get visit with my Mom, Dad, Sisters, Brother, Grandmother, exc... (yeah you get it). So after a wonderful time at my parents' we went home, and I put the ham and turkey in the oven (for the next day... I like to cook them over night), and the kids sat down to watch the Lord Of The Rings. They have been watching it in pieces (this is their first time seeing it). We have the extended versions (4 hours each movie), so siting down and watching them all back to back is just unrealistic, in fact just watching one of them in just one setting is unrealistic, so they have been watch them half at a time (if that makes any sense). We let the kids stay up until 10pm, and we went to bed soon after them. I felt like a kid myself, because I had trouble sleeping, I was so excited. I had been waiting for months, it's the best day of the year. I am one of those people who loves to give as much as getting. My kids are so awesome, and I love to give them things :). Christmas is also a day of relaxing and enjoyment, and who doesn't love that. We have a rule, a family rule, where on Christmas day we don't go anywhere. We stay at home, spend time with each other, eat some great food, and do the things we love (at home). See best day of the year. I could list what we got the kids this year, but I think that would just be crazy, and I'm not sure many of you care that much (it's okay). I will tell you that our big item (for the boys), was a pair of Roller Skates for each of them (super awesome). They found mine in the garage a few months back, and fell in-love (the way boys do), and just had to have a pair. Surprisingly enough they didn't ask for a pair for Christmas, instead they ask how much a pair would cost, and they were all thinking of saving up for them (wow).


So... What's new you ask? Well let me see... I do have some Book reviews (yay)!

So the first is Runaway, which was recommended by my second cousin Bonnie (who is more like my aunt).

Great book, I would give it a 4 out of 5 stars. It's about a 12 year old girl who is in the foster system, and has had some bad foster parents. She is really fed up, and decides to runaway. The book is written as if it is the girl's journal. This book really makes you feel lucky to have the things you do have. This little girl is very smart, and sweet, and yet she was no place to go.

I really liked the journal style writing, and I was very interested from the start, and was finished the book in 2 days (wow). Right now amazon is selling the Hardcover for $6.38, which is cheaper than the kindle price at $6.99. Both great prices though!


Okay so next review is the Hunger Games Trilogy... The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. All three of these books I would give a 5 out of 5 stars. Jeremy and I read these together (yes meaning he read them to me). The story takes place in a post apocalyptic nation that has a very controlling government and where a lot of people don't have enough to eat. In this nation (Panem) there are 12 districts (apart from the capital), every year they pick 2 children from each district (one male and one female), from the ages of 12 - 18, to compete in the hunger games, where it's a fight to the death, last one standing wins kind of thing (so horrible). I'm not going to telling anything more, because I feel that with this book series the less you know going into it, the better it is. This book has cliffhangers at the end of every chapter, and you won't want to put it down, so when reading this give yourself plenty of time to read it (reading for only one hour each setting is unrealistic) (time will get away from you fast when reading these books).

I really like these books, and I pushed Jeremy to read chapter after chapter (poor Jeremy). I'm kind of sad that they are over :(, and I really can't wait for the movie :)

Okay so good bye and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment