Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Zachary's birthday, Mommy relief, and my week so far...

This is going to be a 3 part post, so bear with me.


Happy Birthday Zachary!

Zachary's 7th birthday was Saturday! Yay for Zach. I can't believe how big he is getting.

Yes I know once again, I didn't post on his birthday. I think the problem is, it's harder for me to find time to post on a weekend. Yes I'm blaming it on the calender. :) My kids are getting so big... why are they doing that?

We got him a dart gun, and the game Operation. We took him to Subway for lunch, and made Pizza for dinner. He picked chocolate cupcakes with strawberry for his cake. YUM!











Down in the Mommy dumps?

Does this ever happen to you? You are busy, your husband is busy, you haven't been able to see any of your friends for a while, and you can't seem to find any time for yourself? ... Yeah I think this happens to all of us, and yes that means me. See last week was kind of a ruff week. I was busy with house work and starting the kids on some summer school work. Jeremy was extra busy at work, doing the things he needs to do. I had been missing church do to my busyness, and in turn I didn't get to see anyone. Also, not to mention, now that summer is almost here I have started to wear my summer clothes and have noticed that I put on a couple of pounds during the long crazy winter, and that didn't make me feel much better. Do you ever put something on and ask yourself... "Hey didn't this use to fit better?" Yeah I'm so with you there, and it's just not fair. So I was feeling a little lonely, because I missed my friends (including the ones that live so far away... Why did we have to leave each other :(... it's just not fair), and my husband (working late is not fun). I was also feeling down, because of the extra pounds, and because of the lack of time to myself. My kids are awesome! I think they are the best kids a mom could ever have, but they do keep me busy, and I'm only human (I have to tell myself this to make me feel better).

So on Thursday night Jeremy noticed that I wasn't myself, and after the kids went to bed, he confronted me about it... Long story short, he let me cry on his shoulder (which was very nice of him). He just listed to my troubles and told me that I was not fat, and that things will slow down soon.

Friday night the church was having this Lady's night in. We were going to watch a movie, eat pizza, and just hang out. It was just what I needed. I took my friend Trudy, and we both had a really good time...
I get home and husband had a couple surprises for me...

1. His mother wants to take the boys for the week (nice!)
2. He planed a weekend trip for the two of us (only), to take in August, to Ocean City (his mom is going to watch them again... Yeah super nice!)

Gotta hand to him, he hears my problems and he solved them. :)... How cool is that?



My week without the boys


Well so far it has been really quiet (thank you so much Jeremy's Mom). I have been catching up on Laundry (mostly washing sheets). When nap times come around I get a chance to read, and watch movies. This morning however I did have a nice little surprise waiting for me. Olivia thought it was a good idea to take her diaper off, and poop in her crib (it was lovely). So first thing this morning she got a bath, and I had to wash her sheets again. So far though that has been the only eventful thing... I like this... Yeah I'm just living it up right now... No worries by the end of the week, I'll miss the boys, and want them back :).

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment