Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowmageddon 2010

Yup I'm one of those people who was victim to the crazy double snow storm that hit the east coast. We knew we were in for a lot of snow, but not that much. I was already tried of the snow, and really missing San Diego weather, and it had to snow more? So it started on Friday (the 5th), and lasted into Saturday night (30in if snow in all). The really bad news was that our electricity when out Saturday morning at 4am. So all of Saturday was spent on the couch warped up in a blanket trying to keep the baby warm (I was really worried about her getting cold). The temp was about 63 (in the house) by the end of the day (not to bad, but still cold). We woke up Sunday to the electric still out, and by this time the house was 51, and our car was still buried. I was so worried about the kids and the baby getting to cold. Then Jeremy suggested turning on the burners on the stove (we have a gas stove), my thoughts were "that's not going to help that much, but it's better than nothing." So I put blankets on the kitchen floor, got all of the kids to play in the kitchen, and turned the burners on. After an hour, the kitchen was nice and warm, and it was starting to warm the rest of the house to (WOW). Poor Jeremy spent the day outside trying to dig us out. Crazy! So by the end of the day the temp was back up to 70 in the house. We ending up sleeping downstairs and waking up to the electric coming back on at 2am. Yup 46hr without power, and we missed the superbowl because of it. Waking up with power on Monday was great, but than we heard there was another snow storm, that was going to hit on Tuesday. Again!! Really!! My first thought was "I hope we don't lose power again." Tuesday brought another 2 feet of snow, but the good news was our power didn't go out this time. So now I hope to never see snow again. Wish me luck with that...

Photobucket

This is what Jeremy found after shoveling snow! Silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment