Monday, June 23, 2014

Time to Catch Up?

Hey everyone, sorry about the gap in post, I've been kind of busy, and during my free time, I've been kind of lazy. Not surprising right? The boys finished school about a month ago, and they've been taking it easy, which is nice to watch. I think it's great when kids can just be kids. We got the new Mario Kart, and if you like the previous ones then you'll love this one. The only complaint I have is about the balloon battle part of the game. In past games, balloon battles were done in arenas, and that was fun and great, on this game, you pick one of the race tracks to do the battle. It's just like racing then, only with no value on placement, because in the racing mode, you are hitting each other on a race track, so the only real difference in battle are the balloons. Okay, but other than that, it's a great game.

I made my daughter a dress!

I got the idea from pinterest

The original blog it's from is LBG STUDIO. Now of course my dress isn't exactly like that one. I made some alterations, but I got the basic idea from their pattern.




The good news is I've washed it a few times, and it's still in one piece. :) Olivia has wanted to wear it everyday, and she calls it her Else dress.


In other news... ... WE ARE GOING TO HAVE VISITORS SOON! I'm excited! Can you tell? My brother Wesley, and his wonderful wife Jessica are flying a whole 3000 miles to come and see us. Yes wow! They are flying here on the fourth of July and staying for a full week. I'm looking forward to going hiking with them, and walking around Seattle with them, and just hanging out. No worries there will be a full blog post about their trip and all of the fun we had, once they leave.

As far as homeschooling goes for next year, I'm in gather mode. I'm getting books together, and everything else I need. The truth is it will be time to start school again before I know it, so it's time to get prepared.

Well that's all I have to report. Try and have some fun this summer, and let your kids be kids. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment