Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Liebster Award!





A few days ago I got a big surprise from one of my follow bloggers Carrie Jean, she has nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. What is the Liebster Award you ask? ... It's a blogger award that is used to link up amazing blogs that have less then 200 followers. So it's a way for smaller blogs to get recognized. So thank you Carrie, and please everyone go and check out her blog www.militarywifelife.com.

Also with nominating me for this award, she has asked me to answer some questions so here goes...

1.What is your favorite quote?

"I let them go, I tell myself. Say good-bye and forget them. I do my best, thinking of them one by one, releasing them like birds from the protective cages inside me, locking the doors against their return."
-Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

I've had to say good-bye a lot, to family, friends, people I care deeply about. It's never easy letting them go, and letting God look after them for you, because you can't anymore. This is something I find myself doing a lot, just the act of letting them go.


2. What was the last song you listened to?

Over it, by Relient K (I love them)


3. What was your FIRST blog post about?

It was about me, and what I was going through at the time


4. What is your favorite blog post that's on your site?

Funny enough it is the post that is the same title as my blog Modern Day Pilgrims. It's about how I deal with the fact, that nowhere feels like home anymore.


5. How did you come up with your blog's name?

I wanted a name that fit our situation, and I think this one really hits the nail on the head. We move so much, and it will be a long time before we find a permanent place for us to call home.


6. What inspires you?

God! He inspires me everyday, and he is always with me helping me out, because I need it.


7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Hopefully some place warm. I really can't wait for the day that we move back to San Diego. I want to live in Terra Santa (my old neighborhood), and go to the beach weekly.


8. Describe yourself in three words.

Short, Cheerful, Different


9. What is your hometown, and what was it like?

My hometown is Greensboro, MD population 1,600 (I'm not kidding). It's small, but really beautiful.


10. What is your dream job?

Stay at home, homeschooling mom (I really like it that much)


11. How long have you been blogging?

4 years! WOW!

Now I'm suppose to list 11 random facts about myself:
1. I'm very frugal, and it drives my husband nuts
2. I LOVE CATS!
3. My favorite tea is Eggnogin
4. My favorite movie is the Princess Bride
5. I enjoy reading books over and over again :)
6. I've always wanted to have red hair
7. I am very absent minded at times
8. Caffeine makes me crazy
9. I love to crochet and because of that I have to many hats and scarves
10. My two best friends are both named Jessica :)
11. My favorite episode of Star Trek is TNG's  The Game


Okay, so now that I have answered all of Carrie's questions :) (thank you again Carrie), it is now my turn to nominate 11 blogs myself. Make sure you check out all of these blogs too.

1. Laelia Sky & Roland Quest, Life with Arthrogryposis
2. Of Course, Why Wouldn't it?
3. A Troop's Girl
4. Adventures In Italia
5. Amy's Avenue
6. Keeping up with the Joneses
7. Livin' Our Love Song
8. Living On Love
9. One Of These Days
10. Our Wild Blue Yonder
11. The Milspouse Living The Curly Life


Ok Nominees here's what you have to do (if you decide to join in on the fun):

Here are the rules

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award Presenter on your blog and link your post back to their blog

2, Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog, to let them know they've been chosen

4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog


My questions are:

1. What made you want to start your blog?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
3. What was your favorite thing to do as a child?
4. How did you and your husband meet?
5. What do you do to help you feel better when you are sad?
6. Who are your best friends and what make them special to you?
7. What is your perfect vacation?
8. If you could re-name yourself would you? and if so what would your name be?
9. What is your favorite book?
10. If you could relive one day over again, which day would you pick?
11. What show do you watch when your all alone?



Thank you everyone! Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, sweet friend! I haven't blogged in two months but I will blog this tomorrow (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    It seems as though we both have a passion for the same thing.
    Your blog and mine are very similar. Have you ever thought of authoring a guest write-up for a similar blog?
    It will surely help gain exposure to your blog (my website receives a lot of
    targeted traffic). If you are interested, e-mail me.
    Thanks

    Visit my page African Safari Tours

    ReplyDelete