Monday, April 16, 2012

Blog Changes, Yard sale finished, and our last weeks in Maryland.

Hey everyone! Well I'm not sure if you noticed (I hope you did), but the blog name has changed and so has the banner. We are 16 days away from moving so I thought it was time. So 16 days from now we will start on a new journey and we will be pilgrims again, going to a new place that we know nothing about. Will we like it? Who knows, but you can just keep checking back to find out.

The yard sale is done... Thank goodness! My husband took a before picture...



I woke up at 5:30am, and at 6am I started to put the stuff out. The good news is we sold a lot of the big things, but the bad news is we still ended up taking a lot of things to GoodWill. I'm not to upset about it though, because the stuff is now out of my house. Yard sale day was a long day... Most of the time I sat outside waiting for people to come (at least it was nice out). On the bright side my brother came to help me later on that day, and his fiance Jessica came over after the yard sale was over, and we ate pizza (I love pizza). We also had them over yesterday for tacos, and I found out, that I'm not good at playing phase 10 (oh well), but it's still fun to play when you are losing. Yup that's what we do, those 2 come over and we play... Monopoly, Magic, phase 10, uno, clue, and small world (thank you Wil Wheaton). We have so much fun!

So we have 2 weekends left here, and they are both going to be busy, but we've been busy every weekend for the past 2 months. This Sunday we are going over to my Parent's house, and next weekend we are having Jeremy's parents over. Yes there is still so much to do. On the bright side we got the mini van checked out, and I've started a van pack list (it's almost finished). We have our hotel reservations made, and our trip planed...


Looks like fun right? Back when this all stated (in October), it seemed so far away, that it would never happen, and now it feels real.

So I was researching the area (looking for how close everything is), and the nearest Walmart is going to be a whole 12 miles away... this was my reaction...



Okay yes I know, I've been spoiled. The good news is that the nearest target is only 6 miles away, so I guess I'll be okay.

Now as for our house (that we are renting out)... We've had a lot of showings, and now apparently someone is interested (I just now found out ), so keep praying for us. I really hope this works out.

The next time you hear from me might be when we are on our way across, but I can't make any promises. We are going to bring our MacBook, and I think all of the hotels have wifi, but I'm not sure. If I don't get to post on our way across, I will post about it once it's all over.

Okay I need to go now, thanks for reading :).

No comments:

Post a Comment